Looking back on my goals at the beginning of the year, I haven’t done half bad:
- Interval training to improve my speed. I’ve improved my speed by about 2 minutes for a 5k. I’m resolved to being a “slowie”.
- Running races every 4-6 weeks to get me involved with other runners. Between actual and virtual races, I’ve racked up 18 5ks (way too many), but I’m addicted to fund raising.
- Perhaps find a running club, again to meet other runners of the same ability. Have not been able to find a club in my area, but I consider running 5ks, group running and have made some new friends.
- Participate in a 10k race I’ve done a few virtual 10ks. 10ks are hard to find in my area, but I am keeping my eyes open for one close to home.
- Eat healthier..I could lose a lot more than I have lost (30 lbs over the last 2 years). I need to begin eating like a runner, now that I am a runner. I’ve cut out junk “fast” food from the diet…that’s a start..
I increased my mileage from 351 miles in 2014 to 550 miles for 2015.
My new goals for 2016 are simple:
- 600 running miles
- 100 consecutive squats (any and all variations)
I got a great new Garmin Forerunner 620 for Christmas and no longer have to wait 5 minutes for the satellite to kick in.
I feel a lot of good things happening with my running in 2016, especially if I decide to retire (more time for training.)
Happy New Year!